The Absurd

On my mind... a poem today (bit Dark)

The Moderns by Dieter Lubbe

Goodbye all charlatans of orthodoxy
I defy you're hoping as dust and ash 
Happy Sisyphus rolled the rock, 
Shameless and unabashed
“Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday...”
Absurdism in a flash
I face the darkness resolute
Plagues, stuff and cash 

That other madman on the shore 
Winked at me to say
Nothingness after death taboo
Have a beer and slash
Happy Sisyphus rolled the tanks
Shameless and unabashed
Left right left right left 
Evidence based and all that
I face the darkness resolute,
Plagues, your stuff and mash

The lobster raised a fuss at this 
Transcendence we must grasp
Happy Sisyphus rolled the needles
shameless and unabashed
Ring ring ring
Drooling on the floor
I face the darkness resolute,
Plagues, implant and all

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Truth is Mere truth?

Loving (a very wobbly approximation) Part Two

Visual Perception for Fun